Editor of main printing methods
Since the invention of woodcut movable type printing technology in China, printing methods have been changing with each passing day. The most commonly used industrial printing methods today are: Offset printing
Offset, also known as offset printing in Hong Kong, Guangdong Province, is a kind of lithography and the main printing method. Offset printing is the most popular paper printing method, which can restore the color, contrast and level of the original with high precision and clarity. It is suitable for posters, introduction, instruction, newspapers, packaging, books, magazines, calendars and other related color printing. Flexographic printing
Flexography, a relief printing technology, used to be called aniline printing. Use rubber and soft resin as printing plate, and print with water-soluble or alcohol- soluble ink. The original pigment used was aniline dye, so it used to be called aniline printing. It is often used for printing plastic bags, labels and corrugated paper. Printing dot, line fineness is also gradually close to offset.
Flexographic printing is mainly divided into unit flexographic printing and satellite flexographic printing. In the past, unit flexography was mainly used in China. Nowadays, satellite flexographic printing is more and more widely used. The main advantage of satellite flexography is that it can accurately control the tension of substrate. screen printing
Screen printing, as a kind of widely used printing, can be divided into textile printing, plastic printing, metal printing, ceramic printing, glass printing, electronic product printing, lottery screen printing, electric decoration billboard screen printing, metal billboard screen printing, stainless steel finished product screen printing, optical reflector screen printing, screen transfer electrochemical aluminum, screen printing and lacquer screen printing according to the differences of printing materials
As one of the printing technologies, the printing ink is very thick, so it is most suitable to make special effect printing pieces. A small number of ink color needs concentration is particularly suitable. It can also be printed on three - dimensional surface, such as square box, box, round bottle, tank, etc. Besides paper, it can also print cloth, plastic fabric, plywood, film, metal sheet, glass, etc. Common new products include banners, brocade flags, T-Shirts, corrugated boxes, water bottles and circuit boards. The flexibility of screen printing is incomparable with other printing methods.
It is suitable for printing high - quality and expensive printing products. Whether it is color or black - and - white pictures, the gravure printing effect can be comparable to that of photography. Due to the high cost of plate making and the large printing volume, it is also a less commonly used method. It is applicable to the printing of certificates or stationery for securities, stocks, gift certificates, commercial reputation, etc. With the rapid development of science and technology, today we can use some of the above printing methods to directly output on the media. However, the maturity of electrostatic imaging and laser technology enables the "on-demand printing" with small batch and high quality requirements to be realized.
Other printing methods
(1) transfer printing: a printing method in which the printing color is first printed on a medium, and then transferred from the medium to the substrate.
(2) woodcut watermark: also known as woodblock watermark. A traditional process in which a drawing is divided into several plates and then printed with water-soluble picture color.
(3) lithography: lithography for short. A lithographic process in which stones are used as plates.
(4) collotype printing: also known as glass plate printing. The sensitive layer is coated with thick glass, and different water absorbency is formed by negative exposure. Printing based on the principle of mutual exclusion of oil and water.
(5) transcribe printing: hand -made wax paper and oil printing. (6) copper zinc plate printing: also known as convex plate printing. A printing process in which copper or zinc plates are used as plates. (7) resin plate printing: the printing method of using resin, nylon, etc. as plates. (8) paper based plate printing: small-scale lithography using paper as plate material. (9) light printing: also known as office printing system. A printing system with Phototypesetting, small offset press and small binding machine. (10) digital printing: refers to part or all of the whole process of digitization. (11) network printing: the concept of network printing was introduced into China in 2005. It is a solution to provide printing services by using the network. Customers can get the printing products they want by using personal computers.
The so -called special printing is to print products and media that cannot be printed by conventional equipment and technology through special equipment and technology. The equipment that can carry out this kind of printing mainly includes: screen printing machine, gravure printing machine, lithography UV printer, UV offset press.
In addition to ordinary paper printing, almost all other printing materials can be classified into special printing areas, such as sheet metal printing (iron printing), decal printing, hose printing, glass container printing, integrated circuit board printing. In addition to the conventional printing methods (offset printing, embossing, gravure printing and screen printing), other printing methods can also be classified into the scope of special printing, such as electrostatic printing, heat transfer printing, ink-jet printing, electromagnetic printing, three-dimensional printing (including holographic printing) and braille printing.
In addition to the use of conventional ink, the use of other special ink (such as anti-counterfeiting ink) printing methods can almost be classified as the scope of special printing. Such as the use of glass, ceramics, enamel printing ink, metal printing ink, anti-counterfeiting ink, heat transfer and water transfer ink, conductive ink for printing.